The information on Hospital Authority Career Website is compiled by the Hospital Authority (HA) for general reference and indicative purpose only. Whilst efforts will be made to ensure accuracy, no guarantee can be provided as to the accuracy, completeness, timeliness or usefulness of the information on Hospital Authority Career Website or information provided through links to third party websites or that the information will be the most updated.
By using Hospital Authority Career Website, you agree to accept unconditionally the terms of this Disclaimer. As they may be revised and/or amended from time to time by the HA without prior notice to you, please check this page regularly for any revisions and/or amendments which may be made.
Personal Information Collection Statement pertaining to Recruitment
1. The personal data collected in your application will be used by us to assess your suitability to assume the job duties of the position for which you have applied and to determine preliminary remuneration and benefits package to be discussed with you subject to selection for the position.
2. Personal data on your application are regarded as mandatory for selection purposes. Incorrect information provided will affect your application results. According to our policy, the input data will be kept not more than two years for record purposes.
3. Computer data are stored outside Hong Kong and storage media to which access is strictly controlled and/or are located within restricted areas. Access to records and data without appropriate management authorization are strictly prohibited.
4. Please also note that your personal data may be made available to:
• appropriate persons in any relevant government departments / appropriate authorities when the HA is required to provide it under the relevant legislation for use for the purposes of that legislation or where required or permitted by law; and
• third parties (including third parties who provide administrative, storage, information technology and other services to the HA to assist in Recruitment) to process your personal data for above mentioned purposes. Such service providers are subject to obligations not to use or disclose that data, except to provide those services.
The HA will obtain your consent before using your personal data for any other purposes.
5. Under the Personal Data Privacy Ordinance, you have a right to request access to, and to request correction of, your personal data in relation to your application. You may make your request by writing to the company for the attention of the Human Resources Department.
7. If you are located in the EU and you provide your personal data to the HA:
• The HA will process your personal data as data controller for the purpose of relevant data protection laws in the EU.
• The HA is responsible for managing Hong Kong’s public hospital system, and therefore has a legitimate interest to perform its statutory functions and powers. The HA will rely on this legitimate interest to process your personal data, provided that the processing is necessary for the purposes of that legitimate interest and that legitimate interest is not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
• You have the following rights under data protection laws in the EU subject to certain limitations and/or restrictions and you may contact the Human Resources Department to make a request pursuant to these rights:
• right to access, rectify or request erasure of your personal data;
• right to restrict or object to processing of your personal data;
• right to data portability;
• right to withdraw consent at any time where your consent is relied on for processing your personal data.
For more information about these rights, visit https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/.
• You have the right to lodge a complaint about the processing of your personal data with your local data protection authority.
• If you have any questions about HA’s use or processing of your personal data, please contact the Human Resources Department.